A mason jar snow globe craft is a great project for winter, when you can’t do much of anything in the garden. This can be a solo activity, a group project, or a craft for kids. You don’t have to be very crafty either. It’s an easy project that doesn’t require a lot of materials.
How to Make Mason Jar Snow Globes
Making snow globes from jars is a fun, simple craft. You’ll need just a few materials, which you can find at any craft store:
- Mason jars (or similar – baby food jars work great for mini snow globes)
- Glitter or fake snow
- Waterproof glue
- Decorative elements
Glue your decorative elements to the underside of the jar’s lid. Fill the jar with water and a few drops of glycerin. Alternatively, you can use Elmer’s clear glue. Add glitter. Put glue around the inside of the jar’s lid and screw it into place. Let it dry several hours before flipping the jar over.
Mason Jar Snow Globe Ideas
A DIY mason jar snow globe can be anything you want it to be, from a Christmas scene to a souvenir from a trip. Here are some ideas:
- Use craft trees and fake snow to make a snowy winter scene.
- Add a Santa Claus figurine or reindeer to make a Christmas globe.
- Instead of buying a souvenir snow globe, make your own. Buy some little items from a souvenir shop on a trip to use in your mason jar.
- Make an Easter globe with bunnies and eggs or a Halloween decoration with pumpkins and ghosts.
- Create a beach scene with sand-colored glitter.
- Use decorative elements from the garden like pinecones, acorns, and evergreen tips.
Mason jar snow globes are fun to make for yourself but also make great gifts. Use them as hostess gifts for holiday parties or as birthday presents.