To learn more about our editorial integrity policy and how we make money through affiliate partnerships, read our full disclosure here.
Everyone wants a gorgeous, green lawn that they can show off to neighbors and friends. Unfortunately, not everyone has the time they need to commit to handling all of their lawn care throughout the year. Hiring a professional lawn care company is an affordable and convenient way to maintain the beautiful grass you love without spending hours outside.
There are tons of different lawn care companies offering quality residential lawn maintenance services. If you live in Tennessee, you might be considering hiring Safari Lawn Care. But what services does Safari offer — and are they right for you?
At Gardening Know How, we understand that you don’t want to waste your time with a lawn care company that isn’t right for you. We’ve created a thorough Safari Lawn Care review, evaluating services offered, plan availability, customer ratings, and more to help you decide.
Though Safari Lawn Care is an excellent choice for some southern homeowners, we ultimately recommend TruGreen for homeowners across the country. This industry leader offers five comprehensive plans, a la carte services, and highly trained technicians.
In this article
- Safari Lawn Care Plans
- Safari Lawn Care Cost
- Safari Lawn Care Availability
- Safari Lawn Care Reviews
- Is Safari Lawn Care Worth it?
- Our Verdict
Safari Lawn Care Plans
Safari Lawn Care offers two distinct lawn care plans to fit your needs, a lawn care plan called the Safari Lawn Spray Program, and a tree and shrub plan called the Tree and Shrub Spray Program. Each plan includes a multitude of treatments that address seasonal soil and tree concerns. Let’s take a closer look at what’s included on each of Safari’s plans.
Essential Lawn Spray Program
The Safari Lawn Spray Program includes seven lawn care service visits administered throughout the year. Here’s what each service visit includes.
- Rounds one and two, applied January through April — Your first two visits will help prevent weeds from sprouting in your lawn during the winter months and control weeds after they start popping up in the spring. Safari uses both pre-emergent and post-emergent weed control products.
- Rounds three, four, and five, applied April through September — During the spring and summer months, Safari Lawn Care focuses on fertilization. Your technician will apply a customized blend of fertilizer for your unique lawn type, as well as more post-emergent weed control if you need it.
- Round six, applied September through November — During your sixth visit, your technician will apply winter weed control products to kill off weed species that germinate in colder weather.
- Round seven, applied November through December — On your final visit for the year, Safari Lawn Care will help winterize and enrich your soil with a lime application.
Tree and Shrub Spray Program
Safari’s Tree and Shrub Spray Program also includes seven annual visits, with services customized to fit the changing seasons. Let’s take a closer look at what you’ll receive on each visit.
- Round one, applied January through February — On your first service visit, Safari Lawn Care will apply a dormant oil to your trees and shrubs. This oil smothers pest eggs and larvae, which prevents them from hatching and infesting your lawn in the spring.
- Round two, applied March through April — Your second visit is all about fungal growth prevention. Safari Lawn Care uses systematic pest and fungal products to eliminate health problems before they arise. Safari also applies iron treatments, which help your trees and shrubs grow stronger and use chlorophyll more effectively.
- Rounds three, four, and five, applied March through October — During your next three visits, Safari Lawn Care will continually assess your tree and shrub health, providing ongoing pest and fungal corrective treatments as needed.
- Round six, applied November through December — On your sixth visit, Safari Lawn Care will begin to prepare your trees and shrubs for another successful season of growth next year by applying deep-root fertilizers. The company will also provide weed control for any last-minute weeds that sprout up.
- Round seven, applied November through December — During your final visit for the year, Safari will once again apply dormant oil to kill off emergent insect eggs.
No matter which plan you choose, Safari Lawn Care offers service only from trained technicians, as well as a 100% satisfaction guarantee.
Safari Lawn Care Cost
Safari Lawn Care doesn’t offer a set list of pricing on its website. This is because the price you’ll pay for lawn care will depend on your unique property and the services you need. Some of the factors that will play into your lawn care quote include:
- Your property size — The bigger your property, the more time it will take to treat. This means that you’ll pay more for service if your lawn is larger than average.
- The number of trees on your property — If you choose the tree service plan, your price may vary depending on the number of trees and shrubs in your lawn.
- The current condition of your lawn — If you’ve been keeping up with lawn maintenance, your lawn care company will usually need to spend less time servicing your lawn. This means that you’ll usually pay less for service if your lawn is currently healthy.
- The number and type of services you need — If you need more than one plan from your lawn care company, you’ll pay more for service.
Safari Lawn Care offers free quotes for homeowners interested in lawn care services.
If you want a free quote, you can call 901-387-0990 or fill out an easy quote form on their website.
Safari Lawn Care Availability
Safari Lawn Care began as a family-owned business in Memphis, TN. Safari Lawn Care currently only provides services in select parts of Memphis and Bartlett counties. If you live outside of Tennessee, you won’t be able to hire Safari Lawn Care.
Safari Lawn Care Reviews
Safari Lawn Care is accredited by the Better Business Bureau (BBB), and has an A rating from the organization. Though the company currently has no reviews on its BBB profile, the company has an average rating of 4 out of 5 stars on Google Reviews. All ratings are as of March 2020.
Let’s take a look at what a few previous customers had to say about Safari Lawn Care and the services they received.
“I have been using Safari Lawn Care for a few years. My yard and shrubs always look great. Very professional techs. and super friendly office staff.” — James Callens, 5 stars, Google Reviews, May 2019.
“My yard is brown and does not reflect the amount of money that I spend for Safari. In addition, I have called the company and asked to speak to a representative. I have not heard from Safari.” — Jeffry A. Cozzens, 1 star, Google Reviews, July 2019
Is Safari Lawn Care Worth It?
So, should you hire Safari Lawn Care for your lawn and tree service needs? Let’s take a look at some of the pros and cons to help you decide.
|Easy-to-understand plan options — Unlike some other lawn care companies, Safari Lawn Care offers two simple, year-round plan options. If you’ve never shopped for a lawn care plan before, you’ll easily understand Safari’s offerings.||Limited service area — Safari Lawn Care currently only offers services in select parts of Tennessee.|
|Positive customer reviews — Safari Lawn Care maintains an A rating with the BBB, which indicates that the company is very likely to address and respond to customer complaints. It also maintains a high rating on Google Reviews, indicating that most customers are satisfied with the services they receive.||Limited range of services — Safari doesn’t offer services like aeration and overseeding, offerings which are very common amongst most lawn care service providers.|
|Money-back guarantee — Safari Lawn Care’s team will work until you’re satisfied.|
Ultimately, the best lawn care company for your needs will depend on your individual needs and budget as a homeowner. If you live in Tennessee and you value locally owned services, Safari Lawn Care might be right for you. Unfortunately, the company’s limited service area and small range of services won’t make it a suitable choice for most homeowners.
We recommend TruGreen for homeowners all across the country. A comprehensive professional lawn care company, TruGreen offers services in every state except Alaska and Hawaii. The company offers a wide selection of plans and a la carte options, allowing you to customize your lawn care services. You can find the plans below:
|Healthy Lawn Analysis||Healthy Lawn Guarantee®||Weed Control||Aeration||Fertilization||Lime||Trees & Shrubs||Visits per Year|
|TruSignature℠ Lawn Care Plan||✔||✔||✔||1 visit||✔||✔||✔||8|
|TruComplete℠ Lawn Care Plan||✔||✔||✔||1 visit||✔||✔||8|
|TruHealth℠ Lawn Care Plan||✔||✔||✔||✔||8|
|TruMaintenance℠ Lawn Care Plan||✔||✔||✔||1 visit||✔||7|
|TruNatural℠ Lawn Care Plan||✔||✔||✔*||✔*||8|
*TruNatural plan uses organic fertilizer and non-chemical weed control methods.