If you love roses but don’t have the time or the knowledge to take care of these notoriously fussy flowering shrubs, you need to know about Easy Elegance rose plants. This is a cultivar that is designed to produce beautiful flowers without a lot of work. Learn more about this type of rose to bring its elegance to your garden.
What are Easy Elegance Roses?
Bailey Nurseries, based in St. Paul, Minnesota, developed the series of roses known as Easy Elegance. They developed the plants to be easy to care for while still producing beautiful flowers. They are disease-resistant, cold-hardy, and durable, and are the offspring of shrub roses that were crossed with a range of varieties to produce different colors, fragrances, and sizes of blooms. There are several to choose from, including:
- ‘All the Rage’ is ever-blooming and has an apricot blended color that turns to pink as it matures.
- ‘Coral Cove’ grows ever-blooming, small flowers with dark pink outer petals. The inner petals are orange and the interior is yellow.
- ‘Grandma’s Blessing’ produces a recurrent, medium to pale pink flower in the classic tea form and with a very strong fragrance.
- ‘Kashmir’ is an ever-blooming, striking, dark red bloom that is fragrant and grows in a classic hybrid tea form.
- ‘Tahitian Moon’ is recurrent, highly fragrant, light yellow rose with a full double form.
- ‘Yellow Submarine’ produces bright yellow, double flowers that are fragrant and that mature to light yellow and finally white.
Easy Elegance Rose Care
Growing Easy Elegance roses is, of course, easy. While there may be some specific growing needs for each variety, in general, caring for these roses requires no more than regular watering and fertilizer. Soil should drain well and plants should receive about an inch of water per week. Use a slow-release fertilizer once a year in the early spring to keep your plants healthy and happy.
One of the most important pieces of Easy Elegance rose information needed to grow these varieties is that they require no pesticides or fungicides. These were designed to resist pests and diseases, so you can grow them organically and enjoy all the beauty and fragrance of roses without the chemicals or the hassle.