Petunias are perfect bedding or container plants. If you are planning a hanging basket with a certain color scheme such as pink, you will want to know all the pink petunia varieties. There are several pink petunia flowers, some of which are in the "wave" category, while others sport double petals. A list of their attributes and names can help you decide which ones to select.
Choosing Pink Petunia Flowers
A mass of pink bubblegum flowers makes an outstanding and bright statement. Petunias that are pink provide several unique attributes that can enhance such a display. There are compact to mounding forms, tennis ball to dime sized blooms, plus many more variations such as striping and number of petals. If pink is your color, you're in luck, as most of the available varieties come in this sought after hue.
Wave and Carpet Varieties
The "Wave" type petunia has been around for several decades. These fabulous plants will spread out and cover a bed in glorious flowery color. The carpet variety is similar but has smaller blooms and is lower to the ground, making a tighter, tidier groundcover. These pink varieties of petunia will grow rapidly and develop into a sea of bright blooms:
- Easy Wave Pink Passion – Deeply colored with a touch of lavender and vigorous grower
- Supertunia Watermelon Charm – Spreads up to 24 inches (61 cm.) in bright fuchsia pink
- Carpet Pink Morn – Multiflora variety of soft cotton candy pink
- Carpet Pink – Heat and disease resistant with compact pink petunia flowers
- Carpet Rose Star – Vibrant pink flowers with white striped petals
- Tidal Wave Hot Pink – Intense color and huge blooms
Frilled and Double Petal Pink Petunia Varieties
If you want something unique, try ruffled, frilled, and multi-petal petunias that are pink. These selections offer more elegance and are transformed into something exceptional. New offerings have heat and rain tolerance to protect the delicate petals.
- Double Valentine – Mounding plant with masses of pink blooms
- Espresso Frappe Rose – Deep color and ruffled edges with some shade tolerance
- Double Cascade Pink Orchid Mist – A variety of pink tones from cotton candy to deep rose
- Double Cascade Pink – Extra large, dark rose colored frilled flowers
- Pink Fluffy Ruffles – Huge flowers up to 4.5 inches (11 cm.) across
- Frillytunia Pink – An old-fashioned form upgraded
Other Popular Pink Petunias
Selection of the most popular pink petunias and new introductions may also send you swooning for Valentine toned blooms. Barbie would be challenged to name her favorite.
- Aladdin Peach Morn – Early blooming and rain resistant
- Bella Star Rose and White – Rose blooms featuring a white star, weather resistant and compact
- Candy Picotee Rose – Small, 3 inch (8 cm.), hot pink flowers with white edges
- Dolcissima Fragolino – A mixture of raspberry to soft rose shades with deep stripes down center
- Aladdin Pink – Easy to grow and tolerant of many conditions
- Daddy Orchid – Soft color with a deeper toned center, compact with large blooms
- Dreams Neon Rose – Vibrant hot pink blooms with white throats
Gardening tips, videos, info and more delivered right to your inbox!
Sign up for the Gardening Know How newsletter today and receive a free download of our most popular eBook "How to Grow Delicious Tomatoes."
Bonnie Grant is a professional landscaper with a Certification in Urban Gardening. She has been gardening and writing for 15 years. A former professional chef, she has a passion for edible landscaping.
10 Front Yard Plants That Will Add Value To Your Home – According To Experts
These stand-out plants will boost your home's curb appeal and make it more appealing to buyers. Invest in your front yard landscaping now, and these expert picks will be established by the time you move on.
By Melanie Griffiths
Growing Mushrooms On Logs: 5 Best Mushroom Varieties To Try
You’ll find growing mushrooms on logs is simple, enjoyable, safe and tasty – as long as you pick the right kinds! We reveal five of the best for an endless feast of fungi
By Janey Goulding