Do you have an eye for what makes a good video to go along with your green thumb? Do your online photo galleries show more plants than people? Do all of your graphics have leaves on them? If you’re a gardener with a background in multimedia production, we’d love to hear from you!
Gardening Know How, the nation’s top brand for gardening information and resources, is searching for a Multimedia Producer to join our rapidly growing team. In collaboration with the editorial, sales, and marketing teams, the ideal candidate for this role will be tasked with:
- Producing multimedia content, including long and short form video, audio, image galleries, graphics, and more.
- Working with our project managers and our contributors to oversee schedules and ensure deliverables are met on-time.
- Providing contributors with technical expertise and support before and during production.
- Manage the completion of all assigned projects from conception to launch.
To thrive in this role, creating compelling content that both informs and fosters engagement should be your thing.
- 3+ years experience in multimedia production
- Strong understanding of SEO and SEM
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills
- Excellent judgment and problem-solving skills
- Documented success producing a wide range of multimedia content
- Working experience using Adobe Creative Cloud suite of apps and software, primarily:
- Premiere Pro
- Portfolio of past projects.
- A keen eye for visual details.
- Exceptional aesthetic skills.
- Ability to meet deadlines and collaborate with team members.
Please note that knowledge of gardening is a huge plus, but certainly not a requirement to be successful in this role.
All of us at Gardening Know How are committed to rolling up our sleeves and pitching in when and where we’re needed. In that spirit, what we’re really looking for is someone who isn’t afraid to get their hands dirty – pun intended – so if you’re someone who thrives on collaborative work, has experience producing multimedia content for a global brand or publisher, and enjoys learning new things, we want to learn more about you.
To apply for this position, please email a cover letter, resume, portfolio, and any other relevant information to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line Multimedia Producer.
Gardening Know How is the top-ranked digital publishing platform in the gardening category, reaching over 180 million users annually via our three sites and ~1 million followers via our email and social media channels.